Thursday, February 27, 2014

A New Chapter

A note from Mugsy himself:
I thought I had found my forever home but things just did not work out. I tried my best to be a good dog for my new mom and dad but I needed more time to adjust. I was afraid sometimes and acted out in ways that were not appropriate. I felt bad after I did this and sometimes I would roll on my back to show them I did not mean it! I was trying to be good!
My inappropriate  behavior scared my new dad most of all. Mommy understood me but dad was just being a dad and had to make a hard decision because he didn't understand me yet. He was as scared and nervous as I was. :(
I am back at my other moms house now (she is called my foster mom) and she knows I CAN be a good dog. She is helping me to relax, trust and shed any stresses so the next time things will go better. I want a family soooo much! I just need them to give me the space I need and time to trust them. All of them... not just the mommy. Sometimes I think about all the bad things that happened to me in the past and I can't help but feel afraid and nervous and not trust people when they hug me too close and sometimes I get uncomfortable if people pet me when I just want to be near them. I do not know how to tell them how I feel and what I need. I am so excited to be part of a  family but it will take me time to know that I am really truly accepted and will never ever be sent away again. I want to be with MY family FOREVER!
I am waiting for you family... love you!
Mugsy

No comments:

Post a Comment