Sunday, April 29, 2018

Tell me more...

Potty Trained? Yes, here he is. When he moves to a new place he might mark a bit .. not sure of it though...then he should be fine after a couple days. Marking is not a potty training issue. It’s a dogs way of leaving their scent on things. 

Crate? I crate Nova when I go to work. He goes in with a couple treats. Otherwise he is out and about when I am home. He also rests on his own in his crate. Nova will bring toys into his crate for "safe keeping". 

Walks? Nova loves walks. We go 2x a day. He is still practicing doing it smoothly, lol. I always allow dogs to sniff on their walks, otherwise it would be no fun, and Nova likes to sniff. He will walk smoothly but also suddenly forge ahead into a run... so our walks look like: sniff, walk, run, walk, sniff, run. It’s funny. He’s learning!!! When he starts to want to run sometimes I just jog along with him to tired him out. Other times I just hold the leash tight and say, Nova let’s "walk". He’s getting it. 

Car rides? Nova does great! No car sickness. Rides in back seat. 

Sleeping? He sleeps up on the bed with me but also will sleep quietly in a crate in the bedroom. He likes to be in your room to sleep. 

People? Nova loves everyone and everyone loves Nova! He is hard to resist! 

Barking? He is a normal barker. If he hears a strange sound he will bark. He is not yappy. He will bark in his crate when I come home from work as he’s super excited to greet me. His bark is low and loud. I’m excited to see him too!

Bad habits? Only one I can think of. He is an excited jumper (can jump fairly high) when it’s time to eat and when I come home and let him out of his crate. Nova loves food! Every meal is a celebration!! I love a dog who has a good appetite! It’s also time to be really happy and a jumpy when mom comes home. (He’s just showing his love!!!) So when he jumps up I turn away from him and say "off"! Of course I greet him with lots of pets and hugs... I only discourage the jumping part. He’s young.... he will learn!

Shedding? Very little! It’s great :)

Chewing? Here he has only chewed on appropriate toys and bones. He is not mouthy with hands or people. He has nice manners!!!

Fetch? He can do this but doesn’t last real long at it. 

Other dogs? Nova would love a play mate! He’s fun and likes to be friendly and playful with other dog friends! He shares toys and I’ve not ever heard him growl or get upset. He’s happy go lucky! 

Energy level? Medium. He likes to play and zoom around but also is calm. He has those crazy spurts of young silliness but quickly will ease into chill time as well. He would be welcome in most homes I think! 

Grooming? I have not given him a bath here but brushing he does fine and often rolls belly up during his brush time! Loves tummy brushing! 

Cats? I don’t have one but I guess he will chase them. 

Tricks? We are working on learning sit. 

Personality? Nova is sweet, clumsy, unafraid, loving, snuggly, silly. He trips going up and down stairs sometimes (haha!!!) and will often lay on the floor like a frog... legs all sprawled out. He’s too cute! 

Best home? One that is patient, can spend time with him, likes to take him along places and has time to cuddle! He is calm but does not want to spend all day on a couch. He is young and has the desire to hang out with a family doing life! Not just sitting around all day. Nova would also be great going to work with someone if it’s allowed! He has a good balance to his temperament. He likes everyone but loves his momma best and follows me everywhere! πŸ’™πŸΆπŸ’™


No comments:

Post a Comment