Monday, March 10, 2014

Finally, good weather to try out a walk!

My son Seth and I took Mugsy to the east side of De Pere for a walk. We went there, so we would be in a residential area and run into some situations that I wanted to test him on. It finally is warm enough and the sidewalks are semi-clear.
 This is what I observed: Mugsy does not pull very much at all but he does weave back-and-forth following his nose ...never really looking up...just on an imaginary trail. We encountered many puddles of water that he cruised right through, actually seeming to "like" to hit every puddle he found :-)! He is not afraid of cars or traffic or bikes. When a jogger went past he did bark at her and I had to correct him for this. He did not bark at a girl talking on her phone who was walking. When a little dog was coming towards us pulling on his leash with excitement Mugs got quite excited too and barked and barked and barked. I am not sure what kind of bark it was "friend or foe" ?? actually sounded more foe, so I picked him up because he actually tried to back out of his leash as I was pulling him backwards away from the little dog. Mugsy needs to wear a harness I think when he goes on walks. I would not ever want him to get free as he could get himself into a troubling situation! All in all he is a very nice walker but he definitely needs work on meeting people and dogs along the way. He has a tendency to get overly excited and be too much of a barker.  I wonder how much walking Mugsy got before this? I would guess not too much. We will practice... Had a great afternoon out with Mug Mug!!!!
Here is Muggsy all tuckered out with wet paws drying off after his excursion. 
And later he ate a hearty supper ... but who ever had a dog who sits when he eats ?!? He makes me :) !!!!
Mugsy showing off his new for spring collar. Such a fashionable doggy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment