Saturday, September 20, 2014

Last day with my Doodles


My first Mill dogs. They were challenging and amazing! I will miss them! 
My last day with them today so I'm enjoying a few last snuggles until it's time for them to go "home" tomorrow. :) !
 

"Hey... boy dogs like the smell of "stinky" says JoJo... "why do I need a bath to get a new momma?"
"I agree, what's with the "pink" shampoo!? Baths are for girl dogs!" Says Ricky. 


Ricky's second favorite person in my family is my youngest son Seth. Seth has Down  Syndrome. He exudes calmness. Ricky can feel how settled Seth's spirit is and he doesn't mind him petting him.
Seth is the only person in the family Ricky allows pets from besides myself at this time. 

A little while after this photo was taken I laid down on Seth's bed and let Ricky off my lap. The other dogs jumped up of course to lay all over me while Ricky started pacing and barking around the room because Seth was sitting too close to me. I told Seth to simply ignore Ricky and I and the other dogs just lay on the bed. JoJo n Parson were snuggling and getting lots of pets. After a short while Ricky just gave up his barking and hopped up on the bed to join the crowd. YAY!!!
He was so happy with himself --he had on that BIG Ricky smile he gets when he knows he's doing a good job and his tail was wagging!
Wow! Ricky is finally realizing other people are not so bad. Seth is a great dog rehabilitator!

Almost bed time... One sleepy JoJo

and one sleepy Ricky. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment