Friday, March 6, 2015

(Video) God Made Girls~

I love coming home from work to my little dogs! They just put a smile on my face! Keda is just a sweet little girl that I am privileged to foster! Here is a video of my "Girl" prancing around the table! Yep, I'm happy "God made Girls" --right, Keda?! 

The following is shared from Checkers and Merlot's Blog-- their foster had such wonderful "words of wisdom" I'd like you to read it! Thank you Grandma Junie! Well said:

"When I wrote about Checker and Merlot arrival and progress, it sounded like I was some sort of miracle worker.  Well, I am not.  Checker had a lot of positive interactions with people before he got to me.  His fosters down south, Lisa, at the daycare, when he came to me he was ready to love.   I wanted to make this point because rescue dogs are different than your backyard puppy.  Some have no experience, others have had bad experiences.  They are not turnkey dogs.  When you commit yourself to a rescue dog you are saying, "I have the patience, I have the love, I have the time to work on this dog".  Another dog, like Checker, could have taken a couple weeks before he relaxed with me.  Each one is so different.  You have to listen to the dog, and help them move forward with the steps they are ready to take.  You have to be ready for potty accidents, you have to accept losing the right shoe of your favorite pair, you have to make the time for exercise for that bundle of puppy energy.
Now you are thinking - well that's a lot of work, and it is.  But the rewards, by far, outweigh the efforts.   First, you have saved a life; a beautiful little life.  And there is no dog that will love you like a dog you have rescued.  They are so grateful for everything you have given them.  People who say dogs have no feelings have never watched the wonderful  transition of a dog that has been rescued to a loving home.  Nor seen the look in their eyes when they look at you with adoration.
Grandma will now step down from her soap box!"


No comments:

Post a Comment