Saturday, March 21, 2015

Today Keda walks! :)


Today Keda is feeling the walk! I love it!!!! Maybe the stroller humiliation got to her! Haha!!

Yes, you must listen to my ramblings as I film! Please notice a few key points:

1. Look for her head shake and prancy leg lift. It's her little issue! No biggie, right?!? She deals with it!
2. Keda is not really bothered by traffic. That's cool!
3. Keda is a calm dog on the outside but a worrier on the inside. Listen to her little whine when the mail carrier lady is there. 
4. Keda can walk-- when she is feeling it! When she isn't able-- find a different way! I bought her a stroller cuz I'm also walking two other dogs-- but a cool dog sling is another option. All these cute options are on Amazon and not expensive. Be flexible and patient! She is so worth it! 
5. Clarification -- when I say she is an easy foster (on the video) I mean easy as in --easy to have in the house: not destructive, is potty trained, not hyper, fun to dress up, good car rider, great out in public. I LOVE that. I personally like a dog to have those qualities and simply have to toss a pill in her breakfast bowl than a dog who is a chewing-peeing-house wrecking hyper machine. Yuck! 
 The challenge may be for some people-- being patient and giving her time to bond with you. She can get a little nervous and then she may snarl, lift her lip or nip-- not to bite down but more a warning.  It's the way dogs tell you stop-- I need a break-- leave me be. They can't use words! She has had a hard life-- imagine having to live untreated with her head issues. Awww --I'm so glad Fluffy Rescue found her! She is now really improving! In the last week I heard the snarl one time and the only time it happens is at night when she is tired.  
Understand she does have some special needs and takes a couple pills (I toss them in her food bowl and she eats them right up). You must be ok and accepting, of it. If u want a lovely house dog she's your big brown eyed girl!!!
I know you are out there "person who is right for Keda"!!! :))) (She is waitin')

We end the session with a treat! Keeping it all positive! Good walkin' Keda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment