Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Toys — be careful!!!

Macphearsom does not play with toys on his own. If I squeak a toy and shake it in play in front of him he gets very excited to get it and ‘kill’ it. Here is where a person needs to be very very careful or you will get a bad pinch on your fingers (or possibly even bit) if you are not careful!!! Mac has no sense of play with people… his hunting instincts kick in and he simply wants to kill the squeaker toy. It’s not like he’s trying to bite anyone. I personally have gotten a blood blister on my finger when my finger got stuck in his mouth when giving him the toy.  Once when I threw a toy (and he didn’t see it go) he grabbed my arm out of excitement and I got bruises on my arm! 

Mac only knew life at a breeding facility -sad- and did not have the opportunity to learn to play correctly and really doesn’t know how… his instincts ‘kick in’ when he hears the squeaker and he doesn’t know how to handle it. When playing with him I suggest wearing leather gloves or some hand protection so you do not get accidentally bit… Mac doesn’t go at you on purpose ...but it’s amazing that he doesn’t let go either! 😬😳😬 -this is not a dog for little ones because they could get injured by accident if they squeaked a toy and he grabbed it along with their hands!!! 

As I’ve mentioned before he at first did not know how to take treats gently...but he is learning!!! He’s doing much better as he gets so many treats at my house!! Ha! 😉 Again, just be careful with your fingers. 

Lastly, I should mention that Mac does sleep with us on our bed ...but if we move too much or disturb him on the bed during sleep he will growl. He never has done anything more than growl but I try not to disturb him because I know he does this!!! Grrrr zzzzz! 

 Just wanted to put this all out there!!! 🐶 

#macsdarkside #ouch! #killthatsqueaker #westillloveyou!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment