Thursday, March 15, 2018

Let’s Talk...



The Elephant in the room might be....that I am not a good roomate to other dogs..... it is true! So why is this?
It could be that I was a stray dog and had to learn to live by defending my space and my stuff. It could be that I am insecure and fearful of other dogs so I "get them" before they get me. Whatever it is ... this is what I do:

If another dog is in the area I am fine. I do NOT bark or pull or lunge at dogs on the street or when passing a dog on a walk. I do not react at all unless a dog is within inches of me. Then I do not do well because my fear/bad side comes out. I sometimes (not always) jump on the other dog and make a lot of noise more than anything... my foster mom says I have a hot button!!! I truly have never bitten another dog in my foster home. I am NEVER like this with people. I LOVE people!!!

So there... I told you what I do. It isn't a problem at all if I could just be your only best friend. My foster mom says I am "easy-peasy"... whatever that means. I am wonderful and a total LOVE bug!

She says... no dog parks or other dogs coming over but as far as walks and outings... GO FOR IT... but just tell people with other dogs to keep a space between us! I do like to be picked up so if you want to pick me up I do not mind that when we meet other dogs. I am also super good in my crate so I can safely wait in there if people stop by with their dog.

I hope that you will find it in your heart and HOME to love me and give me lots of hugs and kisses! I promise to be your best little friend and to brighten your life with my cute little toofie smile!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment