Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday

Monday routine... early morning walking with "the girls" cuz it's a work day. Another stellar night of sleeping for Gracie! Snug as a bug she was! Quiet as a mouse too!


It was inevitable..."Dress up Day"!!! Aren't         they sweet?! Awwwww!!!


The serious face of begging for my breakfast. Well it does consist of BACON! Who can blame her! 



 Gracie of course is a princess! XXOO


Being royalty is tiring... Yawn...Zzzzzz.

Day 3 update: So far no accidents in the house. Gracie pottied on our walk this morning and did her other duty later in a private spot she is establishing behind some tall Tiger Lillies in the back yard.  Gracie likes her privacy for #2. I respect that!
She is following me around and whines quietly for a short while if she cannot reach me. I keep a baby gate up across the stairs until I know a dog is for sure potty trained. So sometimes I hear her soft whine when I'm upstairs and she is at the baby gate. 
Gracie and I practiced her name learning last night. She is catching on quickly!!! She gets ridiculously happy and animated when you praise her in an embarrassingly high pitched voice. Haha! It's so worth it to see her so proud and happy! I would call "Gracie!!!" And she would come bounding into my lap for her praise and smooches. Toooo cute!
 
Later...

Gracie "sits" to eat supper.. a little lady!

Speaking of "sit"...tonight I wanted to see if Gracie knew the command "sit". She seems to-- I did have a treat so I'm not sure if she will sit without a treat. She did like to go into a "sit pretty" when I gave her the treat so she kinda knows that trick too. It's a great start if you like teaching tricks! :)
Bummer that it rained all afternoon when I came home from work so we couldn't get outside to walk or play. Gracie was awesome about finding dog toys to keep herself busy though.  She did get super excited when I came in from an errand. It was hilarious to have her want to jump up and give me kisses after I'd been gone only one hour. Haha! She is sooo friendly! She is crazy for her treats too -- she just loves 'em and it's hard to say no to that happy face!
Currently all pups are sacked out-- Gracie and Asti on the couch and Parson on the floor. Gracie fits easily into a new household with little adjustment time and totally makes herself comfy! 

One more thing...

I just love this picture of Gracie!!! Just had to post it! She is showing off her chunky teddy bear paws! She probably was very matted when she came into rescue so she got shaved down... but soon enough she will be all fluffy again. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment