Friday, July 22, 2016

Beautiful Friday :)

Doing yard work on a beautiful morning...isn't Piper a "Beauty", too?! 



I'm working and the "bosses" are supervising in the shade! 

Piper is kinda at a plateau when it comes to "big" improvements. Now it's just repeating the normal day to day life outside of a cage. 
Piper plays with my dogs when outside. (Hunts varmints with them, rather!!!) She eats her food if I bring her to it. I'm insisting she go down the back stairs herself but I have to bring her to the steps and close the door behind her --then she clumsily goes down and scurries outside. She sleeps with us at night if I carry her up to the bed. She absolutely adores the dog park and car rides! Leash walking is improving every day. Piper drags behind a bit but usually walks by my side. If something startles her she will want to flee but I usually try and keep watch and keep her at a distance from people or noises that might upset her. Inside the house she's still on the couch. Yup...she's on that couch like its flypaper!!! Unless I carry or leash her to move that's still her area and she "ain't a budging"! LOL!
Piper really is ready to go to her forever home at this point-- she's in a way "the perfect dog" because she doesn't get into any trouble! :) The rest of her progress is just a matter of letting time heal her.  Hoping before too long Piper will just have good memories and the scary past will just fade away. 

P.S. Piper finally feels brave enough to enjoy her first toy! Yay!!! When she carries it around she whines softly. Maybe she's just so happy to have a toy!!! Isn't that kinda heartbreaking?!? (But she sure is cute with that toy in her mouth!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment