Friday, July 1, 2016

Spay Day!

We arrived bright n early at Animal House Vet Clinic for the big "spay"... Piper is NOT looking! 
"We love you Pipes...it will be fine!"

Later~
Picked Piper up at 3pm. Here she is in my car when we got home. She is very groggy yet! She did well though... yay!!!  She had in a chip already that was never registered so that was odd! So we didn't put in ours. I had them check her ears too as I felt they were still gunky and they gave me new ear drops to try. 12 MORE days of drops! 


Ahhh look at those eyes now--much brighter!! Piper is perking up! She is very... VERY happy to be home on her own blankie in her special "couch corner":)!!! Nothing like a cozy blankie and a familiar spot to make the owie feel better!!!
Piper drank some water and went potty outside. Excellent! Not interested in supper. Will try later tonight. So far doing great!!!


Wellll ...I spoke too soon. The water came back up! Her blankie and my couch throw are being washed! New blankie for our patient. Heard she got sick at the vets too so maybe her tummy is just not happy. We will just let her sleep it off! Poor little girl! :(
Stayed up late with Piper. She drank some more water and this time it stayed down. She also was a good girl and pottied outside before we called it a day. We are off to bed and I hope tomorrow she eats breakfast! So glad our spay-day is done and we can move on to the healing count down! 12 days of keeping things quiet! No running or jumping--easier said than done! :)

Saturday~
Saaaad! We are BACK at the vets! Dang! Piper could not keep water down last night. Even though I stayed up till midnight with her and she was fine at some point she barfed up the water again in a big blob on my bed blanket. Nice to wake up to. More washing, hee hee! So I called Animal House and Piper is getting fluids now under her skin. 
On Cerenia for nausea and a bland diet regime for a few days! She had a reaction to anesthesia. Hope it all helps!!!

Much later~
After a slow start Piper is doing so much better! Here she just finished off a bowl of boiled ground turkey--served on the couch... I know... she has me wrapped around her little paw!!!

Have to tell you something... Piper was sleeping on her back just now... and she was having a little dream. Here's the "tear jerker" part of my story... her tail started wagging in her sleep!!! Thump thump thump!!! (tail wagging is very new for her) Awww... :) A HAPPY dream for a dog that's been through so much! 
Her face makes it all worth it!!! What a SMILE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment