Friday, May 20, 2016

Amazing what only 5 days can do!!!


Here is a new video of Tiara! I am actually outside and she is not hiding/freezing under or behind a chair...can you believe it? Yay!!! As you see, she is super excited to see me and "wants" to come to me but is not quite sure! The good news is she is coming forward, wagging her tail and is all excited that I am outside… She just cannot "quite" bring herself to get too close... YET.  If I sit very quietly she will approach and lick my fingertips… to get her in the house all I do is open the door and walk away and she zooms right in. Give it a few more days and I bet I will be able to pet her just like my dogs :-)!!! I have to admit working with a shy dog is one of my favorite types of rescue dog because seriously it is so rewarding for me! :)!!! To watch a scared dog unfold and trust in front of your eyes is miraculous!

Ready to go in and be a "couch potato"!!!

Later...

Hanging out with her new buddy Parson! I hope her furever fam will have a dog to be her buddy! She would love that!!!
I have to laugh at that old fox toy... she loves that thing! Always seems to make its way into a pic! hee hee!

Both so sweeeeet!

"Over here, Parson! I'm on a trail"... sniff sniff!! #terriertalk

Do you know why I chose to foster Tiara? Well there are actually 2 reasons!!!
 #1. I'm nuts about terriers! 
#2. She is black!
Did you know people pass over black dogs all the time and they are the hardest to find homes for? Really?!? Well that just makes me mad! Grrrr! Maybe I'm guilty of it because my dogs are not black... but I don't think I adopted them for their color! Parson was my first foster dog. I just plum loved him. So I "foster failed" and he stayed here! 
Asti was so much like Parson (she was foster #19) and she and my husband clicked and he just loved her so she stayed. If either of them would have been black they would have stayed. I love black dogs! 
I hope YOU love black dogs too! Even if you don't choose Tiara think about a different black dog for your buddy. Give a black dog a chance at love!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment