Monday, May 16, 2016

Tiara's first video

What makes a dog shy? It can be a lot of things... maybe it's simply that the dog is unsure or unfamiliar with the situation. . Or maybe it's a change of circumstances that's overwhelming. It could be past experiences were unpleasant or cruel. Often it's that the dog grew up being unsocialized and human contact is new. Whatever the reason in the dogs mind "people are scary". So when I get a shy dog I want to change that perception. It takes time but I gently and patiently want to convince my scared boy or girl that I can be trusted and others can be trusted too. So that's what I'm hoping for Tiara.. to earn her trust. She wants to trust me... watch her tail! She is already making progress...a little at a time and she is so worth my time!!!

Safe place!
Another good night for Tiara! She sleeps soundly.  She is very quiet and she really appreciates her soft blankie in her crate in our room! She snuggles right in and stretches out on her side!
She loves all her crates. I keep the door open to the one in my kitchen and she loves relaxing in it. She has her water and food and a chewie cow hoof inside. We are just letting her chill out and snoop around if she wishes! Sometimes she ventures into the TV room and this morning she ran outside to play with my dog Asti and zoomed circles around the yard! I love that she is getting her exercise! She came into rescue with two other friend-dog-buddies who were her support system so she looks to other dogs to help her feel comfortable.
She did go potty outside this morning too so I'm happy about that! Progress!!!
When I talk to her she wags her tail so hard! She waits at the back door to come inside with my dogs but hesitates running through the door sometimes so I just leave it open if need be. Usually when she comes in she zooms straight to her kennel.  We hardly even know she's here! We love her so much and rejoice every day as we see her get a little bit more brave. The first week is always a hard week because everything is so new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment