Monday, May 16, 2016

Day one with Tiara


After a quiet night (not a peep!!!) in her kennel in my bedroom I opened the kennel door for Tiara. Asti, my Yorkie mix, was right there to say "Hi"! "Welcome"!!! Tiara gave us a shy tail wag and a soft gentle hand lick but would not venture out of the kennel door. So, I finally just reached in and carried her downstairs and outside. 
My dogs ran off to the yard to do business but Tiara crouched down unsure of what to do. After a bit we all came in and she headed straight to the kennel in the kitchen. So she seems to find kennels a very safe haven. 
All the dogs got their food and my two ate but Tiara just sniffed hers. That's ok... many do this so I went back upstairs to get dressed and ready for work.
A little bit later we tried again with the food but this time I mixed it with some canned. That did the trick and she gobbled it down lickity-split!!! :)
After a bit we went back outside and I quietly sat on a chair and just watched...

Here are some pics of her snooping around~

Geese honking over head...listening ears. 

Tiara and Parson at the burn pit. 


Cautiously sniffing a potted fern placed near the park bench. 

More smells to explore with Asti by her side :)

Ears back in a stressed/worry position...this is not easy to make all these big changes! 

Tiara did well for her first morning. So far she has not gone potty but at least she ate her food. We will keep working with her very gently to help her feel comfortable! She's just very shy right now! Looking forward to watching this little butterfly emerge from her cacoon!!

Later~

Afternoon bath... good girl!!!

After a bath n brush ... Beautiful!!!

Smell the flowers! ;)


Don't mean to brag but "red" is my color... but "not looking" at that camera!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment