Monday, June 25, 2018

Beautiful Day!

Toby-tot outside "fixin’ stuff" with dad. Looks like fun. Not!

Some more info: Toby is fine with noises. Yay!!! Lawn mowers, vacuums, drills (like electric ones) and all such stuff that make noise. He is chill about it all! 

Toby is most times very good with my husband. Once in a while he shows he’s still a little bit nervous… Like today he kept scooting away when John was trying to put on his leash. Mom to the rescue!!! 😉 I don’t know why but almost 99% of rescue dogs (or maybe dogs in general) I’m not sure, like women over men. There are exceptions, of course!! I’m sure there are articles written on "why" and I won’t even try to figure it out but most rescue dogs that I have had are better with me then with my husband. So anyone that is adopting Toby do not be offended if he seems to side with the lady of the house… that’s just how it is. Regardless, it takes lots of time for rescues to get comfy. So be patient. 

Good news is Toby is starting to not sleep under the bed all of the time… he still goes under the bed but once in a while he is laying in different areas of the room when I wake up! I have a blanket in one corner he uses...and he has access to a little bed. One day I woke up and he was flipped on his back legs in the air… that was a ‘warm night’ I think he was airing out ha ha!!! 

Toby is warming up more every day. I didn’t crate him when I went to work and all was fine when I came home. EXCELLENT!!! Toby is not a super snuggly boy… he might grow to be one but right now he is not one that needs to be in your lap all the time. That’s actually kinda nice!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment