Sunday, June 17, 2018

Where does Toby sleep???

I had heard Toby wasn’t all that fond of crates so we just let Toby choose where to sleep! I led him upstairs with a leash into our room. We have a crate in our bedroom and we opened the door. We have a dog bed. We also have just the floor. 

Well, Toby chose his own path! He crawled "under" our bed and slept there all night! Here is a picture of him under there when it was morning and time to get up! Oh how CUTE!! 💓 I had to grab his leash and give a little tug-tug and called Toby’s name to get him out. Guess he was too comfy! Ha!!!

Also, this morning when my youngest son, Seth, came down from upstairs Toby did not bark! I feel like we are already making lots of progress. Yay!!!

Toby is kinda a plodder. He moves at his own pace. He doesn’t always come running when called. He def has a Pekingese tude!! Haha! Toby also has his preferences to what he likes. (So do we all!) I like to accommodate as long as it doesn’t destroy or bother anything or anyone. Sooooo.. from now on if Toby wants to sleep under the bed... he gets to!!! No more crates for Toby!!! 

Toby also went outside for potty. As always he plods around the yard and finally did what needed doing! It takes a little patience but not too bad. I sat out on the patio chair and waited. Then he came inside with my dogs and ate his yummy breakfast. He’s a good little dog! I’m very happy to have Toby with us!!!!

Here is a pic of the dogs after breakfast: a lively bunch... NOT! 


Later in the afternoon...

I left Toby out in the house when I left today. He seemed ok with it! Everything was in place when I returned home. Awesome!

Toby likes to be where I am when I’m home. He follows me. He sits under my chair or lays on the floor. We sat on the patio on this warm day for a bit and let the breezes blow. 

Here is a sweet pic of him:


He’s very long. Maybe has some Llasa Apso in him with that straight flowing hair and long body. His fur feels like thick hair. It’s awesome!!! 

He isn’t really barking much anymore. My oldest son (I have 3) stopped over for Father’s Day and although Toby initially barked at him after a few minutes he stopped and hasn’t barked at him since  (and my sons been here all afternoon). So, the little bit of barking I’ve seen is NOT a big deal. 

Mostly, Toby just needs some confidence and needs time to live in a home!!! He is a totally an awesome dog... very chill... very cute... and loves his mommy!!! 💓 Awwww!!! XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment