Sunday, August 9, 2015

Boo 'n' Yay

I looooooove this face soooooo much!!!!!
So Bronx had some "boo" moments and some "yay" moments this weekend. 

Let's get the "boo" over first...
He had some potty accidents. 
Here come my "excuses"...  
There was one by the back door. Obviously he wanted to go out but couldn't wait. My fault... wellll, to be honest my hubby was in charge... bad hubby, hee hee! 
Another was when I was distracted. I saw him pacing but was busy making zucchini muffins. Bad me!!! I shoulda stopped and taken Bronxy out. So boooo we need more work on this! He is doing great and then reverts a little. Just needs to learn to hold it.  He is close but not quite there. In fact, he's doing REALLY great for a mill dog! I'm very proud of how far he has come! 

Now for the "yay"!!!
I decided to try and move his crate from my bedroom to the kitchen. We had to go out of town for a bit so I put him in the crate in my kitchen (since he had the potty mistakes) and he was quiet the whole time. Yay!!! My youngest son was home to report on this. So that is really awesome. Bronx just didn't want to be upstairs. We can accommodate that!
Another "yay" is he is getting a little better with men. My middle son came home from his apartment in college this weekend and we both noticed Bronx did not bark at him as much. Bronx still hangs with his mommy like glue but he tolerates men as long as they are not reaching for him. I have been sitting next to my husband with Bronx on my lap and having him pet Bronx. It's helping :)!!! It's just going to take Bronx time to trust the guys. That's totally fine! He has time and he is making progress. So a big "YAY" for Bronxy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment