Sunday, August 13, 2017

so far...

...so good! C&C are doing just fine as fellow foster dogs. ❤️ Yesterday was a little bit of a trial as Chippy is so exuberant and Calli so reserved but as dog's do... they seem to be ok today. ☺️Of course I'm keeping a close watch  :)

She's my girl! πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

Yes.. I love Calli! πŸ’–πŸΆπŸ’–

πŸ’‹XX Chippy too!

I adore this photo because Calli is like.... just go away you little pesty mop! I totally 'get it' Calli! πŸ˜‚

When there is laundry foldinging going on... I help! #NOT 

Crate explained!!! Calli will easily go into a crate. In fact, she rests in it with the door open! Here she is using the one in my kitchen to chew a hoof! When Calli does not like crates is when you 'leave the house'. Then she barks and gets very upset. At least that's what I'm told. I've never actually crated her when I leave. I just leave her out. 
Kids explained!!! Calli is not going to bother kids if they simply ignore her. Most likely she will keep her distance. She can be crated around them if you are home and having company. I don't have kids over but it's a suggestion! She is simply unsure of children. I don't know if she had a bad experience with them in her younger years. I do not know if they simply are too quick moving or too small. All I know is they make Calli nervous and a nervous dog might growl or even nip at a child to tell them to 'stay away'. This does not go over well with parents!! Unfortunately, dogs can't talk and "tell us" in words. They use the means they have.
So if you adopt Calli then kids should be taught to leave her alone/give her space.  
In time kids might be tolerated. One never knows but right now they are worrisome for her.  
Other dogs explained!!! Calli likes other dogs but Calli can also be possessive of   things around other dogs. Sometimes she is and sometimes she isn't. Depends on her mood! Calli can sometimes be a dominant dog to her doggy friends. Depends on the dog. Sometimes during play she gets too forceful. Other times she plays perfectly. So we are recommending she is an only dog. Here she does fine but I watch her and basically just say her name when I see her not acting appropriately and she corrects herself. She's a sweet girl 95% of the time to her pals. It's the 5% that gets her into trouble. 
With adult people Calli is fantastic!!!! If you have any dog sense you will love this girl! Easy keeper. πŸ’œ

In summary of Calli she is a quiet, calm adult dog who just wants a match of calm adult people who will love her and spoil her. Calli has her faults like every other dog! If I was looking for a dog and I didn't have other dogs or kids living with me she would be my choice! #totally #kissesforCali πŸ’‹

 

 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment