Sunday, September 18, 2016

Video-- coming into the house!


So why would I show you how she can go "into" the house through a door? Sounds so simple!!! Don't we all do this?!? 
Well...because it's a "big deal" for Sasha! Going "outside" is a big deal too!!! I've been working on the command "go outside" and shooing her gently towards the back door that I've propped open. Lots of scared dogs have "door" issues. So we are working on it and she is doing super well! I'm very proud of her bravery!!!
Sasha in general is afraid of "whats next"?!? Who is going to hurt me? Where is my dog friend Suzy?! Can I trust the people that live here? 
So many questions and changes! 
To answer these questions she has to live life! That's it! So for the most part I've been really just letting her chill out. I'm proving WE are SAFE!!! We can be trusted. I'll go sit by her. I may or may not pet her.  I'm just going very slowly and she is responding. Here she is showing how she can muster up the courage to "run through that door" even with me "holding" it open! 
This is VERY exciting stuff!!! :)
"Go in the house" is the command she's learning. 



Trying to share a dog bed during the Packer game! Haha! 
See on this picture where Sacha's fur is missing on her back leg? Looks like she may have been dragged. Maybe thrown from a car? Road rash? Not sure!!! It's probably going to stay like this. She also has missing fur on her foot and an injured toe nail. It's sad to think what she has all been through! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment