Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sleepy Time and Rescue Story

Miss Sierra is definitely a "mommy buddy". She follows me everywhere!  Last night I was reading in bed and she and Asti joined me. We were so comfy we just fell asleep this way! I'm happy to report  that SiSi was the perfect bed buddy! Never moved! 
This morning she did her "sit" for a treat! So smart :)!!!
I did find out one tidbit on her history... she was found in Jacksonville, AL by a "Good Samaritan" and had her 6 pups at that person's house. The rest of the story is not discovered yet. I will report on it once I hear more!!!



As Paul Harvey used to say "Here is the rest of the story "

Written by her rescue Angel...

On Saturday, 11/14 our church had a work day, where the youth and other members went out into the community to help those who needed a hand. As we were driving home, we were able to carry the lesson of giving to those in need even further when we saw a little dog in the median of Interstate 59. We turned around and went back and were thrilled when this sweet little dog came running up to us, instead of away. Sierra was filthy and covered with fleas. It was apparent from her smell that her diet had consisted of road kill (which is a little too much of a raw diet for me!) The other thing that was apparent was that she would be having puppies very soon.

She snuggled right into my son's lap and when we got home we started cleaning her up. She was treated for fleas and worms and given as much good food as she could eat, and boy could she eat! I always keep my strays in isolation for a few days to make sure they don't have anything contagious and also to slowly introduce to my big pack. Sierra was timid, but it was obvious she was starved for affection as much as she was for food. She just wanted to be loved on all the time. By the time she was introduced to the other dogs and cats, she not only loved her human family, she loved the four-legged members as well. I was surprised to see had no interest in chasing the cats.

We went to the vet the next week and she was given a clean bill of health and was judged to be 1-2 years old. We were ready for delivery!

On Sunday 11/22, she went into labor. She was the best mommy ever! All 6 of her babies were so healthy. I was shocked that she was not stressed when the other animals would come up to her kennel and sniff. She was such a calm girl.

Within 3 weeks she was really wanting to spend less time with her puppies and more time with us. She especially loved my Shih-Tzu male and would follow Watson anywhere. She was doing great with potty training here, probably because she did whatever Watson did. She loved to run and play and was introduced to TOYS!

Sierra was one of those easy dogs. She seemed to realize how much her life had improved and just seemed to appreciate it. She continued to be a chow hound her entire time at my house. She would do just about anything for a treat. That is how we trained her to go into her kennel.

I am so happy that she is getting this new, wonderful life. Please keep me posted on how she is doing!

Lindy

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment