Monday, June 2, 2014

Getting to know Monte

Monte is super sweet to everyone but I think I can safely say he is extra sweet and happy when he's a "boy's dog". By that I mean that he likes me... a lot... BUT he gets a little extra glow to his sweet fuzzy face when he hangs out with the "boys" at our house. 
My husband, John, has noticed Monte's attention to him too. He is flattered! I luv it! Monte sits at his feet, he slept on the floor on HIS side of the bed and in the morning whined at the window when he left for work!  
I wasn't surprised when John came home later in the day and said he was "taking Monte for a walk." Monte is wrapping my husband around his little chubby paw and John doesn't even know it! (and I'm not telling him either! :)
Then when my son Seth came home from school Monte ditched me to hang out with Seth, video games and all, in his room!  Ha! I have to honestly say not one other dog has gone into my son's room and "hung out". Monte is certainly a boy's dog... and hey, boys need a dog's love too! Way to go Monte!
Sound asleep to the background noise of a WWE wrestling game. 
Later he came downstairs to join me! He likes me too!!!
Here is Monte just laying on the floor looking adorable. I'm happy to report not one potty accident either. Isn't that great?!? 
It has been a rainy day again! When the sun came out we went outside to get some fresh air. Here he has a "fuzz head" look in the sun's glow. :) I think he wears it well! He actually does have cute furry terrier eyebrows. His body fur is soft and thick and not wiry. He is sturdy feeling like a little chunky bear cub. Such a handsome boy. 
For fun Monte enjoys rolling in the soft grass on his back! His look here is "JOY"!
Time to go to Karate practice. Monte jumped right in and was ready to go!!!
He did a little car surfing on the way. His longer body and short legs work pretty well to stand with back legs on the back seat and front on the console. Great view out the window. He was nice and quiet till he saw a dog on a leash. He barked a few times as we passed by. He probably should have a dog car harness for safety sake but we took the slow back roads today.  He certainly enjoys a car ride! 
Of course after all that car riding it's the best time of the day... TREAT TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment