Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What a Difference!

This morning we are doing all the morning things that need doing with much more ease! Ahhh! What a difference!!!
Yesterday I had to carry Kennedy down stairs-- today he bounded down the stairs with my dog. Yesterday I had to figure out how to get him to eat--today he chowed breakfast down right away. Yesterday when in the yard he hid in the bushes--today he just rolled around in the grass filled with dew n cottonwood and turned slightly green, fuzzy and wet. (See his picture below!). Yes, he is adorable even with a green tinge! :) Yesterday he did a fair amount of under table hiding-- today he is laying at my feet chomping a bone. He is definitely still skiddish--he jumps and takes cover with strange sounds or fast movement but he is recovering from the scare faster.  He keeps his distance from others in my home but is letting me pet him a little more and definitely likes to be near me.  He has jumped up by me on the couch wanting petting and scritching behind his ears and has come up behind me and licked my leg. It's all very tentative yet. He doesn't last long for pets but the trust is growing.  At least he no longer needs his leash dragging behind to help catch him-- he comes into the house when called and will come near/towards me also when called. He is always a few feet away but he does come!!!  It's amazing how much he has improved. He has a long ways to go but the improvement is really breath taking!!!
Kennedy loves finding things to chew. He snuck a piece of singed wood off the fire pit. Chomp! In the house he was crunching something and it ended up being pieces of my potpourri (a cinnamon stick) and he loves to snoop around-- tried to sneak a piece of mail to chew but I just said "no" and he dropped it. He is very young and playful and such a smart boy. Today I'm getting some new split deer antlers from Petco for him to chew. I know he will love them! 

I came home from work and the dogs played outside as always. Kennedy was just soaking up the feel of the soft grass again this afternoon. He just loves rolling around in it!!!  It's like he is making up for all the time he didn't get the freedom of a good stretch on a soft lawn.
 After playtime we came upstairs to Kennedy's favorite room... the  bedroom. This is his "safest" place it seems. He is the most loving and relaxed here.  I was changing into my tennis shoes and got a call from my son away at college. As I talked to my son I laid down relaxing next to Kennedy petting his head and back. It was definitely a good bonding and trust building time!!! 

Look how he sweetly has an old worn fox toy held in his paws. Awww!

Love his big brown eyes... 
"Hi foster mom!" :) "Hi back sweet Kennedy!" :)
Pet, pet, pet!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment