Sunday, June 1, 2014

Monte

Welcome Monte! Look at this ADORABLE face!!! When I met Monte today I totally wanted to give him a hug...he's sooo Fluffy, lol... But I know that's not appropriate dog meeting etiquette so my hug will be "saved" until I know Monte lots better. 
He rode perfectly in the car. I did bring a kennel along so he hopped inside it and didn't make a whine or whimper...that is until my husband called my cell! Now I "affectionately" have my husband John's ring tone set to a "barking dog", ha! Sooo when my cell phone "barked", Monte thought it was a real dog! He barked too... I totally jumped! He has a powerful bark! This happened 3 times..I jumped 3 times!!! I think my husband was totally doing this on purpose by the 3rd time. Getting me back for making him the barking dog. Haha! 
Monte has a gorgeous face and white chest like a Collie. I brushed him, he did awesome by the way and stood so still, and I saw almost no hair left in the brush. Amazing! A beautiful fluffy dog that is low shed...whoo hoo!
Monte is a gentle and calm boy. He seems so happy to be here. He sniffed around the yard and was super friendly to all the people here. He is not a dog who immediately clings but he warmed up quickly!
Monte is probably a Corgi Terrier mix. He is long and short legged. His coloring is gorgeous! 
Dark clouds started rolling in. Wind picking up! Look at his ears!!!!!  Can he be any cuter?!?
Playing in the yard with Parson (the resident dog) makes a new doggy thirsty. Monte is enjoying a fresh bowl of cold h2o. 
Soon Monte reads the "rule" ...wipe your paws! 
"Don't worry Monte, we'll forgive you if you don't remember!"
More clouds rolling in! Let's get in a quick walk before the rain. Monte is a lovely walker. Here he trots along and is not a puller. Good boy, Monte!!!
We did it! Pouring out now but we are dry and cozy inside. Look how happy Monte is!
 He has the cutest little wiggle waggle to his bum (hee hee) when he walks. It made me laugh :) His long body and short legs are just wayyy tooo cute!
Once inside we discovered he adores tummy rubs! He also likes men and gave my husband a kiss! Good thing he is guy-friendly cuz we have lots of them around this place!
He also is quite happy to gently take a treat! Kinda knows sit. With a little practice I think he will have "sit" learned perfectly in no time. 
I have to mention his tail. So pretty and he carries it high and happy! :)

I took him upstairs and he checked it all out. He sat down for a rest. He sits with paws facing out!! Is he part DUCK!? This guy is full of surprises!


Getting a little sleepy now.  It's been a big transition for Monte today! I'm really amazed at how well he is doing! The BEST part is...he has NOT marked or had any sort of potty accident in the house so far. I will report more on his progress with this later but "so far" this boy Monte is just impressing me all around... but then again he is a "fluffy" dog so guess I shouldn't be surprised. Best doggies I know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment