Friday, June 6, 2014

Give him some Love...

My oldest son Luke was home today. He drove Monte to the Brown County Fair Grounds for a walk. Luke took this pic of Monte enjoying a car ride with the window down. Monte loves car rides and the blowing breeze as he sticks his nose out!! Luke called me at work and told me how totally awesome Monte did and that he is just a great guy to hang out with!
Monte is definitely coming around to being less independent and more loving and snuggly!  Each day he likes hanging out more and more (yay!) with our family. 
 He reminds me of a little wall flower just waiting to be asked to dance! We give Monte lots of attention and love and treats and praise and he is blooming before our eyes! He was a very sweet dog from the start for sure and didn't need improvement but he was a little aloof. As he grows used to the attention he is becoming warmer and happier and today starting to follow me around. He is seeking us out to give him some pets and he seems to realize these guys really like "ME"! 
My hope n prayer is that his Furever Family will make Monte a member of their inner circle and watch him bond to them and become secure in their love for him because he is just waiting to give it back. 
Below is a picture of Monte snuggling against my leg, after I came in from painting outside (note ugly paint smeared jeans). As I sat down on the floor by him he waited for his pets on his head. 
He is currently laying at my feet, his back up against my foot. Awwww, gotta just love this gentle boy!
Monte's after lunch siesta time. He is one C-U-T-E guy! I'm making jam and he is under the table. Love that he is hanging out close by!
First time here that Monte has chomped a bit on a bone. He has pearly white teeth so he must be young! He also has no doggy breath:)! Chomp chomp!!!
How we do it...Brush, brush, brush and roll him over. Loves loves loves this!

No comments:

Post a Comment