Sunday, June 15, 2014

Scruffy/Shaggy dogs arrive & foster Rooney


I got to meet some awesome dogs today. Lucky me!!! A group of the hoarder dogs arrived and were so super sweet. I really enjoyed petting them! Here they are waiting for baths. 
Here are a few after bath photos. I totally 
love these sweeties! These cute pups are going to be lovin life as they enjoy the happy days ahead of them!!!
Pure love! 

And now.....introducing my new foster boy! His name is Rooney. Sometimes I just call him Roo. :) 
He is soooo ready to "break free" from the doggy day care he stayed at for a little while.  He could not wait to hop into the car! What a quiet rider!!!
On our drive we stopped to wish a special dad "Happy Fathers Day" before heading north! While everyone was busy talking little Roo took a nap on a comfy rug. 
Checking out the front porch. Rooney says "Where's my chair?"
Watching cars drive by on the road out front. Rooney does not mind the busy road at all! (What a pretty tail!)
Just strolling around the herb garden. He loves all the sweet smells of the green herbs. Nose is just sniffing away!
Time to go? Ok.... I'm ready! "I will take the back seat!"
Stopping to get a snack for our drive. Sharing some fries. Yum yum!
We made it to Green Bay. Lookin pretty cute! What an adorable "pose", Rooney!!
Is this lettuce? That's not a treat! Is this what they eat in Green Bay?!? (But Roo ate it!) hmmmm...not bad!! More please!
Running around the yard! Roo is showing his BIG smile!
After meeting the family, Parson (the resident dog) and checking out the house it made Rooney ready for beddy-bye. He is snuggled in and quietly snoring away. See you in the morning!
First day at my house! Rooney showin' off his "tricks"!!!
1. SIT
2. DOWN
3. HIGH FIVE
4. ROLL-OVER
5. SHAKE
Impressive, Rooney!!! Can you teach Parson the " high five" for me? I love that trick! 
So, you may be wondering why would a cute little white dog...who rides well in a car, and knows so many tricks get turned into Fluffy dog rescue?
Sad to report this but Rooney has a little bit of a problem. 
He has a side to him that is crabby/anxious. Oh, he loves his "mommy". He does well with brother dog Parson. But then there's all those other people in the world. There's children and men and strangers… knocks at the door and intrusions into his little world. For whatever reason these things "at times" set off our little white wonder dog! Maybe he had some sad life experiences as a young puppy. We do not know and will never know! All we can do is love Rooney for who he is! We can try and help him relax, try to make his world "Rooney friendly" and try to show him he does NOT have to be in charge … That's the job for the people! 
Here is a picture of Rooney walking with my Parson. I didn't like how he pulled on his collar. It made him cough and choke sometimes. Parson wears a harness. Rooney thinks harnesses are evil, LOL! He did "not" want his on!

He showed me he did not want his on by giving me a little low growl when we tried. I had an idea! A pair of leather garden gloves and treats should work! With my now "leather protected" hands I got it on him really quickly with out incident and he got a treat to boot! Once on him he was just fine! No problem at all!!!
Look how nicely he walks now! No straining and I had much better control :-) I thought I would leave it on him so he would get used to it. Very bad idea! When I came home from work I found…
...the harness laying in his crate! Chewed apart!!! Guess he "really" didn't want it on! Hmpf!!! 
Well, I'll call that battle a draw... :)
In the picture below Rooney is sleeping and relaxing. Looking very sweet! Just what he needs! REST. 
 After talking with the Fluffy Dog animal behaviorist she recommended complete relaxation for Rooney. His nerves need healing! He needs quiet. Shhhh...
Therefore he will be moving to a new foster home. A very peaceful one! A home that does not include 3 guys clunking around-- which upsets little Roo Roo. 
He will live with a lovely understandingand senior woman who lives alone in a big house with her own sweet dogs and a couple of fosters. She is home all day!!!
I already cried because I will miss him and his "Rooney drama" ..,BUT I know it's the best for him!! That's most important. When he is all better he will be ready to find just the right home!

No comments:

Post a Comment