Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4th at "The Plantation"

It's a special day! I'm peeking out the window while my foster mom is decorating my house outside. Everyone calls this house The Plantation, lol. Guess cuz it's kinda old!
So here is my foster home...all done up with red, white n blue. :)
I want to wish ALL my fellow rescue dogs a happy 4th! Don't be afraid of the fireworks tonight! It's just our "moms n dads" celebrating and being thankful for their freedom just like we are thankful for ours! 
"God Bless America ... Land of the Free and the home of the Brave!" 
I'm "free" thanks to the awesomeness of Fluffy Dog Rescue and I'm gonna be "brave" tonight too! Probably inside The Plantation with my paws over my floppy ears! 

(Note from Foster Mom: Kennedy did well for fireworks sound! I kept him inside during the main show and our home is built like a bomb shelter so he didn't hear much. The random pops and booms throughout the evening did not phase him even when outside! He was a STAR!)

JULY 5th....
Kennedy is like a very normal happy puppy at home. Oh my, "YES"...he has a great time running around with his partner in crime, Parson. He is also my buddy! Gives kisses and loves to be petted and talked to. Just soaking it up!
Today after his playtime we did some errands in the car where Kennedy would have to "endure the trama" of getting treats at the bank and Walgreens. Hahaha! Now Parson LOVES these car rides best and he totally gives the window tellers the cutest face he can drum up. He knows those treats are coming!!! Kennedy had no idea what was happening... What's a bank? Is the teller lady kind? Am I safe? So he slouched in the back seat, see photo. He does not make a sound. Just looks nervous. 
Once home and in his back yard "safe zone" he happily crunched down his dog treats! Totally happy again. See other photos. I think a few more trips like this around town and he will be anticipating those milk bones and giving the "cute face" exactly like his dog buddy Parson! :) Just like most things in life... Practice makes perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment