Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Scooters night adventure!

So, if you follow this blog you know that last night I went to a Green Bay Packer football game. Welllll... I was so tired afterwards I fell asleep on the couch watching TV.  Eventually I and the three dogs made our way up the stairs. I usually crate Parson and Scooter but was just too tired to bother so all three dogs jumped up on the bed....my husband was already asleep, so the room was dark. Scooter is black--so he just blended in :)!
I had to go brush my teeth so I walked out of the bedroom and into the hall to the bathroom. Little did I know Scooter followed me!!! (my sneaky little shadow)
After brushing my teeth I went back to my bedroom, closed the door and plopped down into bed and was "out" until morning. When I woke up I looked around to check the dogs and didn't see Scooter! 
My first panic thought was "did I forget him outside"?! No... I didn't do that--we all came upstairs! I called him in case he was under the bed… No scooter! Where was he?!?
As soon as I opened the door he came bounding in from the hallway wiggling in all directions licking me like we had been parted for years!
 I immediately realized he had gotten shut out of the bedroom and I didn't even know it…like I've said before he's a quiet little guy!!!
His "night out" proves that he is a pretty trustworthy little guy too! The only thing he did was licked out an empty bag of chips and shredded a few tissues out of the bathroom garbage. :) 

Scooter is not having another adventure tonight but now we know he has another redeeming quality...he is trustworthy and well behaved in or out of the crate. 
In the long run, I think he would've been happiest snuggled in bed with me instead of having the house to himself! Maybe he'll still get that snuggling opportunity tonight!

A note from Scooter "Please... someone rescue me from my mom's obsession with Christmas dog clothes! Now I am wearing a jingle collar!!!"
Foster mom says "Sorry, Scooter, you look very festive plus now you can't sneak around and have more adventures :)...jingle, jingle"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment