Friday, April 21, 2017

Lets talk about Boo Boos!!!!

Dougie had to beg for forgiveness today because he pooped on my kitchen rug. Why can't they hit the tile?!? Ha!!! 

He had been out earlier. A couple times. I figured today he would have to 'go' as he had not pooped yesterday. Remember, he has not been eating a lot only soft canned food due to his tooth. So when I was in a different room 'nature called'.  I just want people to know these guys have an occasional accident. If you want a totally potty trained dog it might not be them as once in a while there is an oops! It might not be any dog because sometimes stuff happens! 

I NEVER make a stink (bad pun) about accidents… Unless I catch them in the act then I say "no! outside! and get them right outside. Since this happened and I was not in the room I just looked at him and said "Oh, Dougie" and cleaned it up. If you don't catch your dog in the act then just clean it up and move along. Nothing frustrates me more than people getting angry at dogs when they have NOT caught them in the act and then go ballistic. Really? Get a grip!!! ...because dogs are not going to know what you're angry about and you're just going to create confusion and a dog who thinks you are unpredictable and get angry for no reason!
So I cleaned it up. Took the dogs back out. Dougie just peed a couple times and that was that. 
So that's my spiel on how to deal with Boo Boos. Just be chill. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment